I made some more flowers, this time making them into headbands for my lovely granddaughters.
Friday, 16 March 2012
A couple of cards to show. I am loving doing my other projects at the moment, but I cannot show the little altered box I made as it is for my daughter's birthday and I don't want her to see it on here until after her birthday.
- Using free Webster papers from magazine
- Spellbinders Rose Creations die and coloured with promarkers
- Rosette trim, glitter, pearls and daisy brads from stash
- Downloaded papers from Crafters Companion
- Distress inks - vintage photo
- flower from a made up rose that I took apart and just used some of the petals
- seed beeds for flower centre
- glossy accents on buckle
Saturday, 10 March 2012
Well I finally had a go at this mirror that I nearly threw away as some of the wicker had broken away.
I painted the wicker frame with a couple of coats of white acrylic paint and I made the flowers with different materials and ribbon, some using the Tim Holtz tattered floral dies. I also added two white foam roses and some pale blue ones that I removed from an old hair clip. Added some beads and a marabu feather and a butterfly that I got from The Works. My daughter wants to change her room colour to Turquoise so I made this in mind. I seem to be obsessed with making flowers at the moment.
Thank you for looking and have a lovely weekend. Karen xx